I now officially bum Valentine's day.
This is because:
- Valentine's was clearly made just for girls to get lots of presents
- It's an excuse to get really pretty flowers
- And also chocolates
- Nearly everyone is happy because they all get sex
- Your allowed to be extra soppy without people getting embarrassed
- There is always tasty dinner involved.
This should be reason enough to enjoy Valentine's.
Mine was spent with the boyfriend where I made him dinner.
I made carrot and coriander soup to start, braised lamb shank with carrots, purple sprouting broccoli and duchess potatoes for the main followed by strawberry shortbread for dessert.
I even bought wine to match each course but of course whoever packed my order (I'm far too posh to do my own shopping lol) obviously was not a wine drinker so instead of getting a bottle of Chilean Cabernet, I got a bottle of Chilean Sauvengian Blanche instead.
Other than that it was a very fun evening.
Here are some photo's of the food and my flowers.